Important Information Regarding COVID-19
On May 11, 2020, Chesapeake Pediatric Dental Group will begin the reopening of our offices. As you already know, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we closely follow the recommendations made by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the American Dental Association (ADA). In accordance with these agencies, we are taking additional precautions to minimize any risk to our patients, families and staff. As we reopen the practice, we ask for your continued cooperation with the measures we have in place to make office visits pleasant and safe for all.
- We will have a reduced schedule in the office to minimize the amount of time you are in the office and to allow for social distancing.
- We have set up all of our waiting rooms to allow for social distancing between families while they are in our offices.
- Staff will wear masks at all times during the day.
- Our staff have all available PPE including N95 masks, gowns, hair coverings and faceshields.
- Hospital grade HEPA filters and UVC lights have been added to all treatment areas.
- Our staff will undergo daily COVID-19 screening prior to entering the office.
- There will be minimal contact at check in and expedited check out for patients to decrease time in our waiting room.
- COVID-19 screening of all patients prior to their appointment and screening of all present family members will be repeated upon arrival to the office.
- Temperatures will be taken for every family member entering the office.
- Every patient will be given disinfecting wipes for their waiting room chairs and will be provided a mask for their child or themselves if they do not have one.
- All toys, magazines, iPads have been removed from the waiting and treatment rooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the office for patients.
- Please answer phone call or text messages from our office so we can prescreen patients prior to their visit with our office.
- We ask only one parent/caretaker bring your child to their dental appointment.
- Elderly or medically compromised family members should not accompany your child to their dental appointment.
- Please leave siblings that do not have appointments at home, if possible.
- All patients must wear a face mask while in our office, if you do not have one for you (or your child) we will provide one.
- Please respect areas of social distancing in the waiting room and front desk.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone and returning back to work. As always, we value your trust and loyalty and are happy to answer any question or concerns that you may have during this time.
Drs. Koymen, Tennassee and the Chesapeake Pediatric Dental Group Team
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html